"It's not true"
Nicola Coughlan has shut down rumours about season two of Bridgerton.
The Irish actress, who stars as Penelope Featherington in the hit Netflix series, took to Twitter this week amid reports filming has halted once again due to a Covid-19 outbreak.
Responding to a fan who said: “NOOOOO, for God sake. @nicolacoughlan tell me this isn’t true”, Coughlan said: “It’s not true.”
It’s not true! https://t.co/vwtkkvgO5C
— Nicola Coughlan (@nicolacoughlan) September 6, 2021
Production of the second series of the show kicked off in London in May, but it has been halted twice already due to positive Covid-19 cases.
The second season of the period drama will focus on Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey), and his romance with new character Kate Sharma (Simone Ashley).
Former lead Regé-Jean Page AKA the Duke Of Hastings, exited the series earlier this year,
Fellow lead Phoebe Dynevor's Bridgerton fate also remains up in the air, following her casting in the adaptation of Irish novel Exciting Times.
No word on an official release date yet - keep it locked to 98FM for more details!
Follow @98FM online for all the latest news