Gwyneth Paltrow has launched a guide to YAWNING. She introduced us to 'concious uncoupling' last year, but today is the day we've all been waiting for, she now has some tips for the perfect yawn.
An article on her website Goop is urging fans not to be ashamed of the yawn because 'it feels good for a reason'
Here's a little extract:
1. Gently tilt your head back to a comfortable position and allow your mouth to hang open widely while you gently extend into it.
2. Contract the back of the throat as if to perform Ujjayi breathing—a whispery breath—which is typically done through your nose with your mouth closed. Breathe deeply through your mouth so you feel the air hit the back of your throat.
3. Inhale and exhale completely while allowing your shoulders to relax as you exhale.
4. When the yawn comes, reach and extend into it, riding the yawn to stretch the jaw muscles.
5. Repeat 8-10 times until tearing starts. As your jaw muscles stretch and relax, and the yawn expands, the lacrimal glands around the eye are squeezed and tearing is induced.