Dublin Fire Brigade dealt with an incident on South Great Georges Street in Dublin this afternoon.
The incident occurred in an apartment block after an electric scooter which was being charged caught fire.
Seven units and three ambulances (@AmbulanceDublin) have attended a well developed fire on Georges Street
7️⃣ Seven people have been treated for smoke inhalation
⛔️ Road closures are in place
🔥The fire is under control#Dublin #fire 📸@brianpbass pic.twitter.com/CrAkiqKhYN
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) November 7, 2021
The road was sealed off, and traffic diversions were in place with major traffic jams in the area.
Local Gardaí are assisting at the scene.