An extra charge has been brought against a 16-year-old boy accused of taking part in a vicious gang attack on English tourists in Temple Bar.
He was initially charged with assault causing harm to two men and robbery of a third at Fownes Street on the night of August 11.
He appeared again at the Dublin Children's Court today when the State dropped one count of assault.
However, Judge Paul Kelly noted that there was an additional new charge for engaging in violent disorder.
The Director of Public Prosecutions also had a trial venue recommendation for the teen's case be sent to the Circuit Court, which has broader sentencing powers.
But, the youth can ask the Children's Court to accept jurisdiction because he is a juvenile.
This procedure involves a preliminary hearing of the evidence and submissions from the defence about age and level of maturity.
He has not yet entered a plea.
Judge Kelly said the court will deal with the jurisdiction issue in early December.
The accused, from north Dublin, who cannot be identified because he is a minor, was remanded in continuing custody.
Previously, it was alleged one of the victims had his head "stamped on" when up to eight teenagers attacked his group.
Garda Ruth Finnegan said that one man's necklace and wallet containing €30 were taken.
The court heard claims that the tourist was pulled and dragged down before being kicked on the ground by the accused while another person went through his pockets and took his property.
The second man received a punch in the face before being knocked to the ground, where he was allegedly "punched numerous times and kicked to the head".
He suffered swelling and bruising around his eye.
Garda Finnegan had told the court a third victim received a punch in the face and was knocked to the ground, where he had his "head stamped on, while he appeared unconscious".
He had a "large gash to the back of his head".
A fourth man received multiple blows and was kicked twice in the face on the ground, but the teenage defendant was not charged over that aspect of the incident.
A 17-year-old boy faces connected allegations in the Children's Court and will face his next hearing later this month, and an adult teenager is also before the courts.
Reporting by Tom Tuite