Building work on the new National Children's Hospital will resume on Monday, the construction contractor BAM has confirmed.
Construction hasn't resumed at the Dublin site of the €1.7 billion hospital since all construction work was halted in March due to COVID-19.
While work has since resumed on most other construction sites in the country, construction at the site of the new hospital had stalled amid a dispute over the extra costs of introducing social distancing on site.
The construction firm earlier today warned of "significant delays" and increased costs due to public health restrictions, claiming that delays will continue until there is a COVID-19 vaccine "widely available".
In an update this evening, BAM confirmed work will now resume from Monday.
The firm said: "It does this in good faith, following robust communication with the Board and in the interest of completing the project as quickly and economically as possible.
"Work will recommence with the safety of all stakeholders as the top priority and with full implementation of the Government’s mandatory COVID-19 restrictions.
"We look forward to a successful resumption and getting this vital project moving, notwithstanding all of the challenges that are not of our making”.
The Taoiseach had earlier called on builders to 'get back on the site and start working'.
He said he was angry and annoyed about the situation, and wasn't interested in excuses.