Women Making Magic
Heading to the Vhi Women's Mini Marathon this Sunday June 5th?
Here's everything you need to know about race day ...
98FM will be bringing the Good Times to the Mini Marathon with none other than Dame Stuffy herself.
Dame Stuffy, panto queen and star of Last Singer Standing will be at the start line with a fun warm up to get you all going - not to mention playing the tunes and bringing the craic to start your run off right!
98FM weekday presenter, Leanne Hanafin will join you later on in the course where she'll play some Dublin’s Good Time anthems to keep you going!
Not to mention our 98FM Thunders and Thunderbus will be there all day to hype you all up and join in on the fun – they may even have a goody or two for you.
We've got you covered - read our post on transport options by clicking here.
There are four entrances to the event. Please see here for each route map. Access will be via:
- Leeson Street Lwr/Pembroke St Lwr (White, Pink)
- Merrion Square/Fitzwilliam Street Lower/Mount Street Upper (Blue wave)
- Merrion Street West (Yellow wave)
- Junction of Ely Pl, Merrion Row, Merrion St Upr & Baggot St Lr (Green wave)
Entry to waves
- WHITE and PINK waves will load through Leeson Street Lwr/Pembroke St Lwr . Please make sure you are in your zone before 1.30pm.
- BLUE wave will load via Merrion Square/Fitzwilliam Street Lower/Mount Street Upper. Please make sure you are in your zone before 1.30pm.
- GREEN waves will load through the junction of Ely Pl, Merrion Row/ Merrion St Upr & Baggot St Lr . Please make sure you are in your zone by 2pm.
- YELLOW waves will load through the race via Merrion Street West. Please make sure you are in your zone before 2pm.
Wave route maps
Each colour wave will have it’s own route to safely bring you to the start line. You can access maps for each colour wave here.
Participants who arrive after cut off time above will be directed to the back of the race.
- No large bags, backpacks or suitcases will be allowed at the event.
- Belongings can be left at the bag drop at Merrion Square South before the race commences. Please bring your own clear reusable bag for your belongings. This will open at 12pm.
- Contents must be clearly visible. These are left entirely at owner’s risk.
- Please be advised that all belongings may be subject to a search.
The Safety of all our participants remains our primary focus.
Race number - Water – Safety pins – Sunscreen
- The timing tag is embedded in your race number.
- Remember to fill in your name, contact details and medical information on the back of the Race Number.
- Use safety pins to attach to front of your t-shirt– avoid putting pins through tags.
- Do not cover the number with belts, rain jackets or other clothing.
- Please make sure you are adequately equipped for the weather and have enough water and sunscreen.
ReUnion Squared at Merrion Square Park
- Meet your friends at the Vhi meeting points or ReUnion Squared in Merrion Square Park.
- Personalise by engraving your name and finish time on your medal for €10.
- Cool down afterwards with the ISCP routine and a complimentary massage.
You can access details of the temporary road closures for Sunday June 5th here.
Follow @98FM online for all the latest news