Looking for the perfect vegan Christmas treat? We've got you covered.
Naked Bakes founder Aisling Tuck has 3 plant-based cookie recipes that she's shared with us ahead of the festive season.
Using the sustainable Irish ingredients from her online vegan bakery Oh Happy Treats, these recipes make the most indulgent cookies to enjoy with a hot drink by the fire!
View this post on Instagram
Aisling studied international commerce at UCD before leaving to pursue entrepreneurship. She worked in multiple hospitality businesses in Ireland and abroad before setting up her baking business in her parent's kitchen in 2018 aged just 21.
Over the past 4 years, Aisling has grown Oh Happy Treats into one of the largest producers of vegan treats in Ireland, with nationwide coverage. Naked Bakes is on track to achieve similar success and has already established a loyal and growing fan base and list of stockists across the country.
Check out the recipes below! ⬇
Vegan Meringue kisses
- 120g aquafaba (water from 1 can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- Melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 100C and line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine aquafaba and cream of tartar and whip to stiff peaks.
- Slowly add a spoonful of sugar at a time. Make sure to whip meringue for at least 30-60 seconds between each addition.
- Whip until meringue is stiff and glossy, then add peppermint extract and whip again.
- Load meringue into a large pastry bag.
- Pipe meringues onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for two hours.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for an hour or overnight.
- Dip them in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle them with crushed candy canes.
- Place meringues in an airtight container and store them in a cool location.
- 2 cups Sunflower seeds
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Melted Chocolate
- 2 cups Dates
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 150g chocolate, melted
- 160g Desiccated coconut
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Once they are soft to the touch, drain the water and squeeze out the dates to get as much water out of them.
- Put coconut, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts in a food processor and blitz to crumbs. Add cocoa powder and melted chocolate, then pulse to combine.
- Add the soaked dates and melted coconut oil and give it a blitz till everything is mixed.
- Shape the mixture into 45 g-sized balls and roll them.
- Once all of them are rolled, dip the balls in chocolate and roll them in desiccated coconut.
Chocolate Orange Brookies
(makes 6 cookies)
- 1 roll Naked Bakes Brookie Dough
- ½ orange, juiced and zested
- 1 clementine
- Melted chocolate
- Zest of orange
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix the zest and juice of half an orange into the dough with your hands
- Divide cookies into roughly 100g portions and roll them into balls.
- Bake the cookies for 6 minutes and press them down with a spatula; place two segments of clementines on each cookie and bake for another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Decorate with melted chocolate and the zest of an orange.