The name of TJ Reid is a notable absentee from the Kilkenny team named by Brian Cody to face Laois.
The 33-year old scored 1-18 as the Cats put Wexford to the sword last week in Division 1B of the Allianz Hurling League.
However, the Ballyhale Shamrocks marksman isn't included in Cody's matchday 26.
Joey Holden comes into the starting XV at full-back, in a move that pushes Huw Lawlor into the half-back line alongside Darragh Corcoran and Michael Carey.
Cillian Buckley is another to drop out of the panel, with his place in midfield given to Conor Fogarty.
John Donnelly drops to the bench, with Martin Keoghan named to start at centre-forward.
In the full-forward line, Liam Blanchfield and Eoin Cody start in place of Reid and Alan Murphy.
Kilkenny team v Laois:
1. Eoin Murphy (Glenmore)
2. Tommy Walsh (Tullaroan)
3. Joey Holden (Ballyhale Shamrocks)
4. Paddy Deegan (O'Loughlin Gaels)
5. Darragh Corcoran (Ballyhale Shamrocks)
6. Huw Lawlor (O'Loughlin Gaels)
7. Michael Carey (Young Irelands)
8. Richie Reid (Ballyhale Shamrocks)
9. Conor Fogarty (Erins Own)
10. Adrian Mullen (Ballyhale Shamrocks)
11. Martin Keoghan (Tullaroan)
12. Billy Ryan (Graigue-Ballycallan)
13. James Bergin (Conahy Shamrocks)
14. Liam Blanchfield (Bennetsbridge)
15. Eoin Cody (Ballyhale Shamrocks)
Substitutes: 16. Darren Brennan (St. Lachtains), 17. Michael Cody (Dunnamaggin), 18. Padraig Walsh (Tullaroan), 19. Conor Browne (James Stephens), 20. David Blanchfield (Bennetsbridge), 21. James Maher (St. Lachtains), 22. John Donnelly (Thomastown), 23. Alan Murphy (Glenmore), 24. Tadhg O'Dwyer (James Stephens), 25. Aidan Nolan (Dicksboro), 26. Eoin O'Shea (O'Loughlin Gaels)