It's the thing that most of us dread: scrubbing off our fake tan. Now, three sisters from Belfast have come to the rescue.
Lynsey Bennett, Leah White and Sarah White have created a bath bomb that apparently removed fake tan "in ten minutes".
The trio - who own The Secret Day Spa salon - say they have drawn on their years of tanning and skincare expertise to create the Lusso Tan product.
View this post on Instagram
Speaking to Belfast Live, mum-of-two Lynsey said:
"It goes back to the girls in The Secret Day Spa and because they are skincare therapists they're really fussy about what they put on their skin and a lot of the exfoliator products on the market are quite harsh on the skin.
"So we wanted something that was made of essential oils and something that would really nourish the skin and the girls at the spa are obsessed with bath bombs they buy them for birthdays, Christmas, leaving presents, everything and we were all talking saying, 'what if it would take your tan off at the same time?', because they tan every single week and that's where the idea was born."
"We worked with a local company in Carrick and we got samples of all different kinds of blends because it had to fit with our ethos of good skincare as well and then we finally got our final product which is packed full of essential oils and it smells amazing. Your whole bathroom and even the house will smell of lemon and grapefruit oil", she added.
"After about 10 minutes in the bath you will see your tan just soaking off and all you need to do is give your skin a quick exfoliate as well as it's so important to remove those dead skin cells."
How It Works
- It gently but effectively melts away tan so you don't have to put in the hard labor of scrubbing.
- It's packed with nourishing natural oils.
- The Bath Bomb can be used in one session or broken in half for multiple use. The company advises no less than a half per session for best results.
- The Bath Bomb, which contains Avocado Oil and Lemon Essential Oil, has been designed to repair and protect the skin.
- The sisters advise not to tan immediately after, instead let all of the oils really seep into the skin to hydrate and moisturise.
The bath bombs cost €10 each and can be purchased online here.