Two owners per horse will be allowed on track from July 20th.
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) has amended its safety protocols in line with the Government's easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
Owners will still be subject to pre-health screening and temperature checks on arrival.
Racing in Ireland resumed behind closed doors and with strict medical protocols in place on June 8.
Connections and approved journalists over the age of 70 will be allowed to return to race tracks from Wednesday July 1.
While Premier Handicap races will be opened to international runners in addition to all Black Type races under both codes.
HRI chief executive Brian Kavanagh said, "Since we resumed racing in Ireland on June 8, the level of care and compliance with the COVID-19 protocols has been excellent and is appreciated by the COVID-19 teams in Horse Racing Ireland and the IHRB.
"While we’re announcing some easing of the restrictions today, it is very important that everybody continues to comply with the rules on the racecourse around social distancing and face masks, and the requirements around pre-health screening.
"We are delighted to be able to confirm today that owners will be permitted to return to the racecourse on July 20, with certain restrictions.
"Owners play a key role in Irish racing and their loyalty during this difficult period has been especially noteworthy, and from July 20 two owners per horse will be allowed to access the racecourse to see their horse run.
"We are working with racecourses around providing safe, achievable catering options for key personnel working at the racecourse and aim to have a consistent offering from July 20."
Key amendments from July 1:
- The prohibition on attendance of those aged over 70 in the various attendee categories which are permitted under the Protocols – trainers, stewards, vets etc. – will be removed
- The current limit of no more than three journalists and three photographers will be increased to a maximum of five
- One representative of Associations whose attendees are permitted to be at race meetings will be allowed.
- Premier Handicaps in Ireland to be opened to international runners in addition to all Black Type races under both codes
- The current health screening and temperature checking arrangements will continue for all attendees
Key amendments from July 20:
- Two owners per horse will be permitted to attend for their race(s) only, subject to pre-health screening and temperature checks on arrival
- Racecourses will be allowed to nominate up to five attendees which could include sponsors, racecourse board/committee members, and social-distanced trophy presentation for feature race will be permitted