Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke expects striker Erling Haaland will still be at the club next season.
The Norwegian international has been linked with several clubs including Real Madrid and Barcelona.
The 20-year-old striker is contracted at Dortmund until 2024, but a clause in his contract would allow him to leave for just over €80 million in the summer of 2022.
The Bundesliga club remain hopeful they will be able to hold onto the in-demand striker for another season.
"I have the clear expectation that Erling Haaland will play for us next year," Watzke told Sport Bild.
"And I don't waste any thoughts on anything else."
Haaland's agent Mino Raiola held talks with Barca and Real last month to discuss a possible transfer, but Watzke said Dortmund were made aware of it.
"I think they know about the contract situation and our stance there as well.
"I am just totally relaxed. Nobody believed us with Jadon Sancho last summer until deadline day, and he's still with us today.
"You could of course start a game of ping-pong and attack each other in public every second day.
"You either have a model where you sign a player and then let him go again or you don't have it.
"We can live with it and feel well because we know the contract situation, which helps us a lot."
Dortmund play RB Leipzig in the DFB Pokal Final on Thursday night five days on from a dramatic 3-2 win over Julian Nagelsmann's side.
Haaland - who has scored 37 goals in 38 games this season - was forced to watch from the stands due to a muscle injury but he is part of the squad for the final.
Dortmund have won five games in a row since their Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester City and are fourth place in the Bundesliga with two games to play.