A second case of the COVID-19 coronavirus has been confirmed in Ireland.
It was announced at a press briefing on Tuesday by the Department of Health.
It follows the first confirmed case of the virus here on Sunday - a student in Dublin.
This latest case is a woman in the east of the country, who recently traveled back from northern Italy.
The HSE is working to identify what contacts the patient may have had to prevent further spread of the virus.
This case is not associated with the previously identified case.
Chief medical officer at the Department of Health, Dr Tony Holohan, has said they are stepping up preparations.
He said the HSE has established four new groups - including one to look at vulnerable people, such as older people or those with underlying conditions.
"We're looking at stepping up actions in relation to acute hospital preparedness - and we've established a group in relation to that.
"A group that will be looking at continuity of supply of medicines and medical devices - a little bit like the work we did as part of Brexit preparedness.
"And we also want to establish a group to look more specifically at the question of the protection of the health and welfare of healthcare workers and social care workers, in particular".