Additional reporting by Brendan O'Loughlin
Conor McGregor is due to appear in court in New York in the next few hours charged in relation to an incident at a UFC event last night.
A video appears to show him throwing a railing at a rival's bus during a backstage scuffle at a news conference.
— Jon Williams (@WilliamsJon) April 6, 2018
The 29 year old MMA fighter is facing three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief following an attack on a bus at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn.
Fellow Dublin fighter 25 year old Cian Cowley with an address at Hyde Park in Dalkey has also been charged in relation to the violence.
McGregor handed himself into Police, after an attack on a bus carrying UFC contestants at the Barclay centre yesterday.
UFC president Dana White branded the fracas of the "most disgusting things that's happened in the history of the company".
McGregor has not fought in the UFC since November 2016 and earlier this week was stripped of the title he never defended.
The Notorious responded to the move in a tweet, declaring "You's'll strip me of nothing you's do nothing c***s."
Niall McGrath from OffTheBall.com got the view from a fighter on the bus Conor McGregor attack.
"He said it was like 'gang activity' what was going on... they just stormed the arena"
Our own @niallmcgrath4 got the view from a fighter on the bus Conor McGregor attacked: "He said it was like 'gang activity' what was going on - they just stormed the arena"... #UFC223 pic.twitter.com/NpCSykiXbC
— Off The Ball (@offtheball) April 5, 2018