98FM Competitions Terms And Conditions
All 98FM competitions are subject to our Competition Terms & Conditions.
98FM General T+C’s
IF YOU HAVE ENTERED ONE OF OUR COMPETITIONS, TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THE RULES WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE GOVERNED BY THESE RULES IN RESPECT OF EVERYTHING FROM ELIGIBILITY TO PRIZES, HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES AND HOW WE USE YOUR ENTRY AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING, SO PLEASE… TAKE A LOOK.
1.1 These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall be binding on you (and your guests where applicable) (together “you”) when entering any competitions (“Competition(s)”) operated by Radio Two Thousand Limited. (“98FM”), its sponsor(s) or any company, radio station or website owned or controlled (directly or indirectly) by 98FM from time to time.
1.2 Entry and participation in any competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
1.3 You must pass a copy of these Terms to your guests (if applicable) and ensure that they comply with them.
1.4 It is agreed and accepted by you that 98FM shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to 98FM’s negligence).
1.5 You have made certain representations and warranties to 98FM (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the Competition. 98FM has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should 98FM or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in 98FM’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, 98FM (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
1.6 You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of 98FM and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast.
- Eligibility to enter competitions
2.1 You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees of 98FM or Communicorp, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
2.2 You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by 98FM, shall provide evidence your age.
- Health and Safety
3.1 With this Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by strenuous exercise or any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the Competition.
3.2 You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which 98FM considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).
3.3 You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledges that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must notify 98FM of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition. 98FM reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
3.4 You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the Competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of 98FM and the health and safety team, who will have full authority to direct that you shall not consume any more alcohol.
3.5 You will comply with all directions of 98FM in respect of health and safety (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at 98FM’s direction).
3.6 You confirm that you are not taking any medication at present and will not during the Competition.
- The Competition
4.1 The interests and good reputation of 98FM are paramount and 98FM may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of 98FM to do so. In particular (without limitation), 98FM reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conducts yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of 98FM). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your early return back to the country, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring 98FM or its radio stations into disrepute.
4.2 You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or 98FM. You also warrant that you do not currently worked for any other radio station or media organisation in the Republic of Ireland.
4.3 You will comply with the instructions and directions of 98FM (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at 98FM’S direction).
4.4 Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in 98FM’s absolute discretion).
4.5 98FM does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail has been sent rather than received).
4.6 Source material utilised by 98FM’s question compilers shall be taken as correct.
4.7 Late entries will not be accepted (in 98FM’s discretion).
4.8 In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
4.9 The decision of 98FM’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.10 98FM’s shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
4.11 In this event (and assuming a valid claim has already been made) in the case of holiday prizes, 98FM will use reasonable endeavours to offer an alternative prize at some other time and/or some other destination, which may be accepted instead by you. If such alternative prize is not accepted (or not made) you shall have no claim against 98FM’s in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or prize or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result thereof.
- Claims to prizes
5.1 In order to enable 98FM’s to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, 98FM’s reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place will be treated as invalidated.
5.2 If 98FM becomes aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action during or in relation to the competition which relates in any way to a claim, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of 98FM, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of the such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then 98FM reserves the absolute right to treat that entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit or other action is only discovered after the prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to 98FM forthwith upon discovery by 98FM.
6.1 All prizes are non-transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives. 98FM may, in its sole discretion, substitute a reasonable alternative for any of the prizes at any time.
6.2 98FM does not accept any liability for claims of prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
6.3 Please allow up to 25 working days for your prize to be available for collection or to be delivered. The majority of prizes are delivered by post (usually via the An Post service). Some prizes must be collected from our offices, which are open weekdays from 08.30-17.30. You must have photo ID when collecting a prize. You will be contacted by phone, text message or email once your prize is available for collection. Please note that some prizes, such as concert tickets, may not be available until closer to the date of the gig.
6.4 Once you have received notification that your prize is available for collection, you must do so within three (3) months. Any uncollected prizes will be re-allocated and your claim will be invalid.
- Holiday Prizes
7.1 Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by 98FM. There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination.
7.2 Holidays are non-transferable. Holidays are subject to availability. You must hold a valid Irish passport with at least 6 months’ further duration (or competition entry will be invalid).
7.3 Holidays are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of 98FM. Children between the ages of 12 and 16 years for the purpose of airfares are considered to be adults. Children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
7.4 In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside 98FM’s reasonable control 98FM reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
7.5 All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the date of the competition or will be deemed invalid.
7.6 You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
7.7 You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
7.8 You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit 98FM to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of 98FM in writing.
7.9 Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
7.10 Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the Prize, dates and times quoted by 98FM or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the Prize beyond those included in the Prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from Dublin airport, meals and drinks).
7.11 You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination.
7.12 Where a 98FM competition prize or promotional giveaway is being provided by a third party and not 98FM, then in the event of the said third party being unable to provide the prize for reasons outside the control of 98FM, 98FM and it’s servants or agents will not be responsible for providing a replacement and will have no responsibility or liability to the winner(s)
7.13 You are responsible to securing your own entry visa for any country which requires it. 98FM cannot be held responsible if you have failed to secure the necessary travel & visa documentation before departure. You are also responsible for securing your own personal travel insurance if required.
- Ticket give-aways
8.1 In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter’s terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue. If the concert is cancelled, 98FM is not obliged to provide replacement tickets or an alternative prize. If a concert or show is postponed, the tickets are generally valid for the rescheduled date. 98FM is not liable for any costs or damages associated with the change of date or postponement of the event. Please note, that it may be necessary to provide your name and/or contact details to the concert promoter or venue in order to gain access to the concert you won tickets for on-air, on-street or via one of our social platforms.
9.1 You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to 98FM, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
9.2 You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of 98FM.
10.1 Winners must as a condition of the prize participate in all required publicity.
10.2 You shall not without the specific prior written consent of 98FM publish or disclose any information in connection with the Competition or the Prize (in particular, without limitation, to a representative of the media, in whatever form). You shall not be entitled to give interviews or be involved in articles or reports in respect of the Competition or the Prize with any third party. All rights in relation to the Competition and the Participant’s involvement therein shall vest exclusively with 98FM.
10.3 You agree to undertake as requested by 98FM all interviews, Competitions and other activities and to the reproduction publication exhibition transmission and broadcast by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of 98FM in perpetuity.
10.4 You hereby grant and assign to 98FM (to the extent that it is has the rights to grant the same) the entire copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Competition and your involvement in the Competition (including, without limitation, all interviews, pictures, audio, audio-visual, whether your appearance is featured or incidental) in all media and technology (the “Products”), and where such Products are not in existence at the date of this Agreement, by way of present assignment of future assignment. This assignment shall include the right for 98FM to amend or otherwise adapt such Products and/or use such Products in conjunction with any other material and to use, distribute and/or broadcast such products in all media and all formats (including transmission by way of analogue transmission, digital audio broadcasting, internet, satellite, television, film, cable or telephony) and to licence any other persons to do so, in each case for such purposes as 98FM may in its absolute discretion determine.
10.5 Without limitation to any other rights under this Agreement, 98FM shall be entitled to refer to your association with the Competition and the Prize in all publicity, marketing and Competition material in connection therewith.
- Intellectual Property
11.1 In the case of competitions which require you to submit audio recordings you grant to 98FM the unconditional and irrevocable right to broadcast the audio recording(s) submitted by you by live or deferred transmission in all formats (including, without limitation, analogue, digital, internet, cable, satellite and telephony broadcasts). This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by 98FM of the audio recording submitted will not infringe any third party rights and shall indemnify 98FM for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
11.2 You represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that you have obtained all consents and permissions in respect of the same.
11.3 For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition will vest exclusively in 98FM for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
- 98FM – exclusion of liability
12.1 98FM is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for negligence by 98FM or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
12.2 98FM accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
12.3 98FM shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the competition or in respect of the prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate you in such circumstances.
13.1 You undertake the Competition at your own risk and agree to indemnify 98FM and its radio stations and employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors fees) and any claim arising from your own actions in any way in connection with the Competition, the Prize or a breach of your obligations hereunder.
13.2 There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
13.3 You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledges that all activities are undertaken at your own risk.
13.4 98FM is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition. This limitation does not exclude any liability for negligence by 98FM or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
13.5 98FM reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
13.6 In the case of on-line competitions you acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and information submitted to competitions hosted on websites owned or controlled by 98FM may be accessed by third parties. 98FM accepts no liability in such cases.
13.7 These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with Irish Law.
13.8 These Terms represent the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Competition or the Prize (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by 98FM) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by 98FM. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of a Term or Condition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms.
13.9 The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies. These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Irish law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
13.10 These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement.
We will not monitor, edit or disclose any personal information about you without your prior consent. In the course of the 98FM we may acquire personal data and information about you which you have registered with us. When you give your personal details to us, we have a duty to keep these details private and safe. This process is known as data protection. Under data protection law, you have rights regarding the use of your personal details and we have certain responsibilities in how we handle this information.
In this regard, we undertake to only use your data in complete accordance with the following conditions:
We will not rent or sell any data which may personally identify you to any third party. We may aggregate your data for disclosure to advertisers or business associates for promotion and marketing purposes. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the percentage age groups of our members but in such an event we undertake to ensure that no such data could be used to personally identify you.
We may share your data with related groups in the Communicorp group but only for the purposes of market profiling. This may mean that you could be contacted by a company within the Group for market profiling.
We may access your lists and related communications for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints.
Certain data such as your password will never be disclosed. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all activities that occur under your password or account. Please let us know of any unauthorised use of your password, or any other breach of security. We will clearly state why we are collecting personal information and how it will be used. At your request we will allow you
inspect and edit any personal data relating to you.
We cannot ensure that private communication and other identifiable personal data will never be disclosed in ways not described in this section. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing) we may be forced to disclose the data to a government agency lawfully requesting the same or to any court acting in pursuance of its powers. We reserve the right to and you hereby agree to allow us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement, government officials or to any court or court officials as we in our sole
discretion believe necessary or appropriate.
Nothing in this Agreement relating to the confidentiality of information shall prevent or hinder 98FM from complying with its legal obligations as to disclosure or otherwise under the Data Protection Act 1988.
By joining the 98FM VIP club or entering any competition on 98FM, you agree to allow us to communicate with you via email regarding 98FM opportunities. We will always use this communication method responsibly.
This document explains how Communicorp Digital processes information about you which is personally identifiable (“your information”) when you use the 98FM Application.
Communicorp Digital is registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. If you have any queries about how we use Your Information or have a complaint, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 98FM Application is Dublin’s Best Music Mix and Entertainment radio station. Listen in to the Big Breakfast with Cooper & Luke, Dublin Talks with Adrian Kennedy, Dublin's Best Music Mix with Barry Dunne, The Big Ride Home with Dara Quilty and The Fix with Brian Maher. You can also stay up to date on latest News & Sport, check out all the station’s competitions, giveaway’s, entertainment updates and more.
Advertisements track whether there has been an engagement with the advert.
However, it does not track it down to individual level.
In the case of certain adverts such as iPolls the ad will track whether your mobile device was previously used to vote in the iPoll. It does not track which way you voted.
Data capture in mobile:
The data to be collected for advertisements featuring competitions is defined by the advertiser. The competition entry form will clearly identify the information that is required from you for that competition.
It is the user’s decision to supply the information and determine whether you wish to proceed with your entry into the competition.
Full terms and conditions applying to the competition and the capture of your data will be displayed on the competition entry form.
User Provided Information
The rich social features of the application require the use of a large set of Facebook functionality. The application seeks your consent to access and use your information from Facebook using the standard mandatory Facebook authorisation process.
When entering a Competition within the Application you may be asked to provide all/any of the following:
(b) Email Address
(c) Telephone No.
(d) Postal Address
(e) Age where legally required i.e. Alcohol brand
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, such as:
(a) Type of mobile device you use
(b) Your mobile devices unique app installation ID
(c) IP address of your mobile device
(d) Your mobile operating system,
(e) Type of mobile Internet browsers you use
(f) Information about the way you use the Application or analytics
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
MMA MOBILE APPLICATION
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
(a) To any suppliers and subcontractors in order to fulfil the service
(b) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply the User Terms as applicable and other agreements;
(c) To third parties for marketing purposes only where you have consented to this.
(d) If Communicorp Digital is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our
Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information
(e) This Application is free and supported via advertising, and collects data to help the Application serve ads e.g. whether you are using an iOS or Android device
MMA MOBILE APPLICATION
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us (email@example.com) and we will respond in a reasonable time.
Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
Access to your information and corrections
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of such information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner – for more information visit www.DataProtection.ie.
98FM is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain.
For example, we limit access to this information to authorised employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
(a) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(b) Any other information provided by you pursuant to your use of the 98FM Application.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us here.
Social Media Competitions
Winners will be selected at random from entries submitted for Social Media competitions, through an app on the 98FM page, or on the 98FM social media pages itself. Information submitted will only be used by 98FM to contact the selected winners regarding their prize. Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram, unless otherwise stated.
98FM’s Secret Sound
98FM's Secret Sound is a mystery sound competition, where listeners are invited to play the game on-air on 98FM.
The person matching the description of the recorded sound will be deemed the winner. 98FM reserve the final decision on any winning guess or guesses.
Guesses to 98FM's Secret Sound can only be made on-air with the presenter or presenters. Unless specifically highlighted, guesses will not be accepted through email, text, WhatsApp or other similar services.
Any invitation to text or WhatsApp the word "Sound" (with your details) is purely to register to play on-air and does not guarantee a call back to partake in the on-air element of the competition.
You should not include your guess when you text or Whatsapp to register to play. If you do not start your text with the word “sound” 98FM reserve the right to not enter you into the draw to get called back to play on-air.
The cash amount for 98FM's Secret Sound will rise by €50 per weekday. 98FM reserve the right to increase or decrease the winning amount at any stage.
The game will end when the correct guess is made on-air identifying 98FM’s Secret Sound with a description that is deemed by 98FM to be an exact phrasing of the sound that has been recorded at a prior date.
98FM reserve the right to extend or terminate the game at any point.
If you have won a prize, exceeding €1,000, in the past 90 days, you are excluded from participating in this competition.
The rules for 98FM’s Secret Sound run in addition to the existing terms and conditions on 98FM.com
Terms & Conditions of “Best Of Dublin” on Dublin’s 98FM
The promoter is Radio 2000 Ltd (t/a 98FM) (the “Promoter”).
98FM is running “98FM’s Best Of Dublin Awards” (the “Promotion”).
How to Nominate
Members of the public can nominate in the respective categories over a two week period.
The categories are:
- Dublin Hero
- Best Dublin Sports Person
- Best Sports Club
- Best Dub
- Best Bus Driver
- Best Shop
- Best Salon
- Best Barber
- Best Butcher
- Best Workplace
- Best Gym
- Best Breakfast
- Best Takeaway
- Best Coffee
- Best Restaurant
- Best Bar
Multiple entries are allowed, but not necessary. Finalists are not selected solely on the volume of nominations for a person or business.
Entry to the Promotion will open on Monday April 8th, 2019 at 12.00am and close Sunday April 21st, 2019 at 23:59 (the ‘promotional period’). Only nominations received within the promotional period will be considered for the next round, which is the public vote. A panel of judges will select five (5) finalists for each category. Judge’s decision is final.
No purchase necessary to enter into the promotion.
The Promoters reserve the right, at any time to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and any details relevant to an entry).If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Promoters will have sole discretion to determine the identity of the entrant.
By entering into the Promotion, entrants are deemed to accept these Terms & Conditions and the general Terms & Conditions of 98FM to be found on www.98FM.com
The following individuals are not entitled to enter the Promotion:
- a) Any member of the board of directors of a Promoter or his/her family members;
- b) Any officer or employee of a Promoter or his/her family member; or
- c) Any contractor or subcontractor of a Promoter involved in the Promotion.
- d) Any employee, contractor or sub-contractor of any sponsor or affiliate involved in the promotion.
There will be five (5) finalists per category which will be put to a public vote.
Voting will be carried out via the 98FM website. Multiple votes for a finalist are allowed, but finalists/winners will not be judged solely on volume of votes cast.
Finalists will be announced at 8am on Monday April 29th, 2018, at which stage voting will open to the public.
Voting closes at 12 noon on Friday May 10th, 2019.
The judging panel will select winners based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the effectiveness of the campaign carried out by the finalists (in-store, on social media, etc), ‘secret shopper” visits to a business (where applicable) and not solely the volume of votes.
There will be one winner per category, who will receive a plaque on the night. They will also receive publicity on 98FM (on-air and on 98FM’s social channels/website).
There will also be a special award on the night for “Best Campaign”. This will solely be picked by a panel of judges, and not by public vote. The winner of this award will receive an advertising package on 98FM to the value of €10,000.
Where necessary, and at the Promoters’ discretion, prizes may be awarded in trust to any person under 18 years of age.
Special Recognition Award/Awards may also be presented on the night. These will be picked by the Promoter, and will recognise the contribution made by a person, group, team or community who have gone above & beyond in their community or the city in general.
Details of the prize winners may be publicised by the Promoters. By participating in the Promotion, prize winners do consent to the use of information submitted, including personal information, on any publicity regarding the Promotion.
The Promotion is governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland.
Limitation of Liability
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoters (including any of their officers, employees or agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage howsoever caused, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or in connection with the prizes or the Promotion.
Under no circumstances shall the Promoters (including any of their officers, employees or agents) be held liable for any delay or failure in performance of the Promotion resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control.
No responsibility will be accepted for entries which are not received by 98FM for any reason whatsoever.
The Promoters will not be responsible for any matter arising out of or resulting from enjoyment of the prizes.
Information submitted in connection with the Promotion will be processed by the Promoters and their agents and will be used to select and award the prize winners.The Promoters will contact entrants only as set out in these Terms and Conditions.The Promoters will only make use of and process personal data to the extent any processing of the data is necessary to select and award the prize winners and as set out in these Terms and Conditions.By participating in the Promotion, entrants consent to the processing of personal data as described above. Please refer to 98FM’s General Competition terms and conditions HERE: http://www.98fm.com/policies
Heineken – Live Your Music
- This competition is only open to entrants aged 18 and over. Any entries from participants below this age will be automatically disqualified.
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by the station, shall provide evidence your age.
- In order to fulfil your prize we will ask for your permission to pass your details on Heineken
- Your details will not be used for any marketing activity
Sunway Holidays Travel Competition - July 2018
This prize is for 2 Adults flying on Saturday July 14th
Spending seven nights in the Monte Verde Apartments. Prize includes fights from Dublin, transfers, 20kg baggage per person, 7 night self-catering accommodation and the services of a Sunway Rep.
Winner must be over 18 years of age. The prize is a holiday is for 2 Adults for 7 nights on a self-catering basis staying in the 3* Verdemar Apartment, Majorca.
Holiday must be taken on July 14th. Prize includes flights, transfers, 7 nights’ accommodation, 20 kg baggage, services of a Sunway representative and taxes.Departure date is final.
Winner and guests must hold valid travel insurance for the holiday duration. Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Holiday is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Holiday must be booked directly with Sunway head office, Marina House, Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire Co Dublin. Call: 01 2311800
98FM’s Reset Your Preset: Terms & Conditions
Campaign Dates On Street: Monday 23rd July to Friday 10th August inclusive
Entry Procedure. All winners of cash prizes will be given a branded card with unique code. These cards will provide information for winners to redeem their prize: winners must visit 98FM.com/PRESET where they enter their name, postal address and unique code; 98FM will then post a cheque to the name of the winner. All winners are to claim their prize on 98FM.com within 28 days of the date they win on-street. Winners should give 28 working days from the date they claim their prize until receiving their cheque in the post.
Post. 98FM has no control over postal service so we accept no liability for missing post (as listed above in 6.2).
Data Protection. Entrants’ personal data, including telephone numbers and addresses will be collected by 98FM and will be used to process entries. 98FM may also provide winners’ names and contact details to prize providers solely for the purpose of arranging delivery of the prizes. Entrants consent to storage and processing of their personal data as described here which shall be strictly in accordance with current Data Protection laws of Ireland. Personal data may remain stored by 98FM and the prize provider after the Competition has ended but will not be used for marketing purposes unless the entrant has ticked the opt in box of 98FM on entry.
FREE ELECTRICITY PRIZE DRAW TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.The Promoter is SSE Airtricity Limited (the ‘Promoter’), which are members of the SSE Group. The Registered Office of SSE Airtricity Limited is SSE Airtricity, Red Oak South, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland registered in the Republic of Ireland No. 317386.
2.The Promoter is carrying out a prize draw (the “Competition”) pursuant to which eligible entrants may win the prize listed below. Every valid entry is entered into the prize draw where entrants could win the Prize: Free electricity for a year – Republic of Ireland. Winner must be a customer of SSE Airtricity Limited.
3.The Competition is not open to anyone directly connected with this Competition. Employees of the SSE Group may enter the prize draw.
4.Pre Paid Meter winners must agree to switch to a credit meter for the full year the Free Elec is valid from.
5.Only one entry per person.
6.The Competition opens [16 July 2018] and closes on [20 July 2018].
7.To enter the Competition, you must be an existing SSE Airtricity electricity or electricity and gas customer or you must sign up your electricity or both electricity and gas to SSE Airtricity.
8.1 winner in total will be selected, from all valid entries.
9.The winner will be selected at random and will be notified.
10.The Promoter reserves the right to replace any prize with an equivalent prize without notice.
11.Entry into this Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12.Winners of the free Electricity must be existing SSE Airtricity customers or must agree to become SSE Airtricity Electricity or Dual Fuel customers.
13.The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. No part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
14.The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the prize draw without prior notice.
15.The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16.The Promoter accepts no liability for lost entries. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this prize draw, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the prize draw.
17.The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries at its complete discretion, including those entries which the Promoter believes to be fraudulent, or based on misconduct.
18.Subject to where the winner’s MPRN/GPRN is located this prize draw and these terms are governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Ireland.
19.The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
20.The winners agree that details of the winners (name, town/city, county and photograph) may be posted on SSE Airtricity’s website (www.sseairtricity.com) and on other promotional materials as well as any press releases which may be distributed to national/local media. The winners also agree to participate in any promotional activities as well as any press releases in connection with the Competition which SSE Airtricity (in its sole discretion) wishes to the winners to participate in.
21.SSE Airtricity excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to the winners arising out of any of the Prizes.
22.If there is any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, the selection of the winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of SSE Airtricity shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with any entrant.
23.Proof of transmission or posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. SSE Airtricity does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
24.The Competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 and legally resident in Republic of Ireland
25.In addition to the foregoing the following terms and conditions apply to the provision of free electricity:
Definition of One Year’s Free Electricity:
a)One Year’s Free Electricity is applicable to one domestic Meter Point Reference Number (“MPRN”) in Republic of Ireland. If the winner has more than one MPRN with SSE Airtricity, only one MPRN will be awarded with the ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’.
b)One Year’s Free Electricity is calculated based on the Estimated Annual Consumption (“EAC”) of the winner’s MPRN. The EAC is based on the winner’s previous twelve months’ usage prior to the commencement of the Competition. If SSE Airtricity does not have access to the previous twelve months’ usage records in respect of the winner, SSE Airtricity shall have full and sole discretion to determine the EAC based on its own calculations.
c)One Year’s Free Electricity will run for 12 months commencing on the first day of the first/next billing cycle date after the winner has been notified by SSE Airtricity (the “Term”).
d)One Year’s Free Electricity shall be capped at the EAC plus 10% of the EAC (“Capped EAC”). Any usage over and above the Capped EAC (as determined by SSE Airtricity) shall be paid by the winner.
e)Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, the value of One Year’s Free Electricity will not exceed €1,200 (inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate and associated charges).
f)VAT charges associated with the Capped EAC will be paid by SSE Airtricity. VAT charges for any portion of consumption above the Capped EAC shall be paid by the winner.
g)Standing Charges (if applicable) will be paid by SSE Airtricity (as well as associated VAT amount).
h)All un-metered charges such as disconnection/reconnection charges, meter exchange charges and any other such equivalent charges will be paid by the winner (full list of un-metered charges may be accessed at: https://my.sseairtricity.com).
i)Any outstanding debt with SSE Airtricity Limited must be paid in full before the winner may avail of their year’s free electricity.
Stobart Air Competition: Terms & Conditions
The winner will receive: a pair of return ‘Get More’ flight tickets from Dublin to London Southend (subject to the terms and conditions below). Includes direct flights only. Both flights which comprise the prize must be taken simultaneously and cannot be used on separate dates. Flights are operated by Flybe’s franchise partner Stobart Air; flights must be booked before 30th August 2018 and flown by 13th December 2018; please see flybe.com for full schedule details; all flights are subject to Flybe’s General Conditions of Carriage as updated and amended from time to time which can be found at flybe.com; any flights not used by this date shall result in the prize being forfeited; the winner is responsible for their own passport and visa requirements and the passport and visa requirements of any person who travels with them; travel insurance, accommodation and transfers are NOT included in the prize. Taxes and charges ARE included and a 23kg hold bag. Flight tickets are strictly subject to availability.
National Lottery - Band Member Photo Competition
- This competition is only open to entrants aged 18 and over. Any entries from participants below this age will be automatically disqualified.
- You will be asked to supply a legal form of identification to prove your age before your prize can be issued.
- Failure to supply a valid form of identification will result in a refusal of your prize.
- Valid forms of identification include; Driver License, Passport and Age Cards
Shredded Wheat Breakfast Competition
Prize package for 2 adults includes:
Return flights from Dublin to Barcelona, including taxes, fees and one item of checked luggage per person; Return shuttle transfers from airport to festival site; Weekend tickets to leading music festival near Valencia, including access to festival campsite
Economy flights available from Dublin International Airport only; Flights will be selected by Prize Provider and not all routings will be available; Winner and guest must have full passport valid for at least 6 months at time of travel; Any necessary visas are responsibility of winner and guest; Prize includes general campsite admission only, and winners will be required to take their own tent and camping equipment; Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable; No cash alternative is available; All prize elements are subject to availability; Prize takes place over 18-22 July 2019, and winners must be available to travel over these dates; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended; Both travellers must be aged 18 or over; The prize excludes tents, camping equipment, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize; The Prize Provider is Element London Ltd (www.element-london.com)
September competition Laser Hair Removal Course to the value of €350
Treatment prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, additional treatments or products.
Gift Cards can be redeemed against treatments and products with the exception of Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Silhouette Soft treatment.
Treatment prizes must be redeemed within 3 months of receiving the prize
EBS Mortgage Masters – Free Lunch
PLEASE NOTE: The below applies to EBS on site promotion – these regulations do not interfere with 98FM’s Facebook Competition.
The EBS Mortgage Masters have opened a new branch at the IFSC. To celebrate this, EBS is giving away free lunch for a week for all mortgage appointment attendees at the new location between the 1stand 30th November 2018. Those who book and attend an appointment at the new IFSC branch between 8am – 4pm will receive an EBS ‘Mortgage Masters Card’ which entitles the bearer to 5 free lunches from either Boojum or Freshii in IFSC participating stores.
Terms and conditions apply: https://www.ebs.ie/content/dam/ebs/pdfs/mortgage/ifsc-promo-terms-and-conditions.pdf
EBS d.a.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
98FM Lapland Competition
Holiday prize is for one adult and one child (Aged between 4 & 12) on a half board basis for 1 night.
Holiday must be taken on Monday 3rd December 2018.
Prize includes return flights from Dublin, Rovaniemi transfers, 1 nights’ accommodation, 20 kg baggage per person, services of a Sunway representative and taxes.
Winner and guest must hold valid travel insurance for the holiday duration.
Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel date specified and booked does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Holiday is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Holiday must be booked directly with Sunway head office, Marina House, Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire Co Dublin.
Sunway Algarve Competition
Holiday prize is for two adults for 7 nights, self-catering in the 3*+ Paraiso de Albufeira Aparthotel – Studio, Algarve, Portugal. Includes return flights, transfers, 20kg bag, services of a Sunway representative and tax. Departure dates are subject to availability. Valid for travel between in the months of May, June, September and October 2019 only. Holiday must be taken on mutually agreed dates and cannot be taken in high season dates, or during bank holidays and mid-term breaks in 2018/2019. Prize must be taken by the end of October 2019. Winner and guest must hold valid travel insurance for the holiday duration. Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Holiday is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Holiday must be booked directly with Sunway head office, Marina House, Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire Co. Dublin.
NOWTV – GAME OF THRONES EXPERIENCE
- Return travel for two people to Belfast
- 2x Nights accommodation at the 5 star Fitzwilliam Hotel, Belfast
- Breakfast for two people each morning in the hotel restaurant
- Dinner for two people each evening in the hotel restaurant
- 2x Tickets to the Game of Thrones Touring Exhibition Belfast
- Full day Game of Thrones filming location tour and dire wolf meeting. Includes:
- Return transportation
- Local guide
- Chance to meet Thor & Odin –AKA Greywindand Summer
Prize terms and conditions:
1.Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays.
2.Due to the nature of the location, travel will be provided in the form of a petrol allowance covering a maximum total of 500miles (roundtrip). Should the winner live further than 250 miles from the location, a contribution towards travel expenses will begiven.
3.Hotel is classed as a 5 Star and is based on two people sharing a double room with en-suite bathroom on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Twin rooms can be requested but cannot be guaranteed. Dinner will be based on two people enjoying a set 4 course dinner menu excluding drinks.
4.Tickets to the Game of Thrones Touring exhibition are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking. Exhibition runs from 11th April–1st September 2019. Opening times between April to May are Monday to Sunday 10am-7pm and between June to September are Monday to Sunday 9am-8pm. Should the winner wish to travel outside of this time, they may do so, but this experience will be replaced by an alternative activity to the same value which may not be Game of Thrones related.
5.Full day Game of Thrones tour will last approximately 9hours and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Minimum age for participation is18.
6.All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
Competition Terms & Conditions for Center Parcs: Online Competition
1. The Center Parcs Irelands Exclusive Launch Weekend (the “Promotion”) is operated by 98FM in conjunction with Center Parcs (the “Promoter”). 98FM will run the Promotion and collect your contact details (including personal data) as necessary to operate the Promotion and to select winners etc.
2. The Promotion is open to Irish and Northern Irish residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of Center Parcs (the Promoter), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
3. To take part in the Promotion, you must listen to the Big Breakfast (06.00 – 10.00) and enter through the 98FM website (www.98fm.com).
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition/Promotion.
a. The Promotion runs from 06.00 Monday 29th April 2019 to 10.00 Friday 3rd May 2019. Any entries outside the Promotion Period will not be counted.
5. Only one entry per family.
6. The prize is a three-bedroom woodland lodge (up to 6 people - 2 adults and up to 4 children) in Center Parcs Longford Forest at its exclusive launch weekend event. There is one prize daily.
The break must be taken on the launch weekend, which is expected to be 26th-29th July 2019, but is subject to change. The standard Center Parcs booking terms and conditions will apply.
The lodge will accommodate up to two adults and up to four children.
If the winners are under the age of 21 they will require the lead booker of any breaks won, or booked with vouchers that have been won, to be 21 or over.
7. The winners will be contacted by 98FM within 14 days of being awarded the prize. The winner must respond to notification of their prize within 7 days of initial contact with 98FM. Failure to respond in that time will result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoters reserves the right to select a new winner, in these circumstances.
8. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, including on the Center Parcs website and social media pages, free of charge.
9. The decision of the radio station and promoter in relation to the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into. No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party.
10. The name of the winner is available on request.
11. Automated, bulk or third party entries will be disqualified. Any incomplete, corrupted or entries not in accordance with the entry instructions, will be rejected. Any entries from participants, who we reasonably believe have acted unfairly, will be disqualified.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that it deems to be suspicious or achieved through manipulation of the promotion or any of the platforms that it is made available through.
13. The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
14. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
15. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
17. Where Promotion entrants have provided their consent, 98FM will disclose your personal information to Center Parcs (and its group companies, including Center Parcs Ireland Limited) who may use such personal information (provided as part of the Promotion) to provide you with further information and communications on relevant offers and promotions from Center Parcs. Center Parcs will use such personal information for marketing purposes based on your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by contacting Center Parcs at email@example.com.
18. No social media website (such as Facebook, twitter or any other such website) are sponsors of the Promotion and have no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
19. These rules are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.
20. The Promoter of the Promotion is Center Parcs (Operating Company) Limited, registered in England, company number 04379585. The registered address is Head Office, One Edison Rise, New Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 9DP.
Center Parcs Ireland’s Biggest Giveaway Data Protection Statement
• As part of the Ireland’s Biggest Giveaway (the “Promotion”), Center Parcs and 98FM (“we”, “us”) will gather certain information from individuals including: all names, Email address, postal address, phone numbers, Number of people, Ages of children or if any member(s) has disabilities. Such information is “Personal Data”.
• Center Parcs is the data controller for all Personal Data collected from you in relation to the Ireland’s Biggest Giveaway.
• For any queries regarding the collection or use of your personal data in relation to the Promotion or this data protection statement (the “Promotion Data Protection Statement”) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Personal data is gathered for the purposes of: (i) the operation of the Promotion; and (ii) providing marketing communications by Center Parcs to you about our products and services and certain offers that may have from time to time.
• Such use of your Personal Data is based on your consent. Such consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us using the above contact details.
• By entering the Promotion you also consent to:
• the use of your name and image by us in any publicity material, including on the Center Parcs website and social media pages, free of charge; and
• the announcement of you as the competition winner publicly and to any other entrant to the competition upon a request by him/her.
• Person data will only be retained by us: (i) for the period that necessary for the completion of the Promotion; and (ii) for as long as we maintain the relevant marketing consents to use such data.
• We will not pass your personal data on to any third parties without your consent. If you consent to us sharing your contact details (as provided in the Promotion entry form) with our third party commercial partners you agree to be contacted by such third party commercial partners for marketing and promotional purposes.
• You may request that we delete all personal data relating to you at any time by contacting us at the details provided above.
• This Promotion Data Protection Statement is governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.
• By opting to provide information as part of this promotion you agree to the terms of this Promotion Data Protection Statement.
Competition Terms & Conditions for 98FM
. You are deemed to have unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions when you enter a competition, prize draw, vote or poll (as together with any specific terms for such competition that may be mentioned on–air, in any messages or on 98FM’s online or mobile applications.
2. It is agreed and accepted by you that 98FM shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to 98FM’s negligence).
3. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to each individual competition or prizes form part of these Terms including but not limited to the Rules as set out below.
4. The prize is subject to availability and to winner confirmation, i.e. the 98FM has managed to contact the winner and confirm eligibility.
5. You have made certain representations and warranties to 98FM (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the Competition. 98FM has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should 98FM or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in 98FM’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, 98FM (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
6. All competition entries must be in the required format specified before the advertised closing date and 98FM will not accept any responsibility for incomplete, lost or entries that are processed late due to a technical malfunction.
7. You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of 98FM’s and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast.
8. You consent to the recording and broadcast of your participation and use of your image as part of the Competition.
9. The interests and good reputation of 98FM are paramount and 98FM may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of 98FM to do so. In particular (without limitation), 98FM reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conducts yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of 98FM). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your any travel to collect the prize, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring 98FM into disrepute.
10. You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or 98FM.
11. Staff of 98FM (employees or contractors) immediate families or other persons connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
12. You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees, freelancers and contractors of 98FM, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
13. You may not enter a Competition if you have been given the answers or any other relevant information in relation to the Competition, either directly, or indirectly, by any employee of any Competition sponsor or Prize giver.
14. Candidates in any General, national, local or European election will be ineligible, during the period of such Election, to enter any Competition until after the conclusion of such Election.
15. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
16. You will comply with the instructions and directions of 98FM (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at 98FM direction).
17. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in 98FM’s absolute discretion).
18. 98FM does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail or mobile message has been sent rather than received).
19. Source material utilised by 98FM 's question compilers shall be taken as correct
20. Late entries will not be accepted (in 98FM’sdiscretion).
21. The decision of 98FM's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The prize will only be awarded to the winner.
23. The prize must be claimed as per the requirements of the competition as outlined in the terms and conditions.
24. Unless otherwise stated all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
25. Where there are multiple prizes are on offer in a single competition only one win per household will be permitted.
26. A person may not win more than one prize valued at €500 or greater (subject to station discretion) within a six month period following the first win, nor shall any member of such person’s family residing at the same address (including, but not limited to, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.). 98FM reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such person, and to reclaim any such prize if a breach of this rule is subsequently discovered.
27. The competition is open to all residents on the island of Ireland aged 18 years and over or with permission of a bill payer.
28. You may only enter a Competition as an individual; any entries that, in 98FM’s absolute discretion, have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified.
29. Any entries made, in 98FM’s absolute discretion, via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling multiple entries will be disqualified.
30. 98FM reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number, unless the specific terms and conditions for the Competition state that multiple entries are permitted.
31. 98FM reserves the right to require proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time and may use any reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided by the entrant.
32. The full name and surname given at time of entry to any competition or giveaway must precisely match that on the photo ID produced when collecting the prize.
33. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify you from receiving any prize.
34. 98FM has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in allowing you to enter the competition or poll. Should 98FM or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in 98FM’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, 98FM reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
35. 98FM shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
36. In order to enable 98FM to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, 98FM reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place will be treated as invalidated.
37. 98FM does not accept any liability for claims or prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
38. If the prize is provided by a third party, 98FM accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winner is required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with specified third party providers.
39. Some competitions may require entrants to take part in a programme in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will not be awarded the prize.
40. If you fail to answer your telephone when we phone you or you become disconnected for any reason before or during the Competition, we reserve the right to select another entrant.
41. If a call to a finalist cannot be completed on-air due to technical issues on the part of 98FM or time restrictions, 98FM reserves the right to announce the winner on-air on the next programme, in which case the finalists will not be required to take the presenter’s call in order to be deemed winners.
42. 98FM shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same online without any liability in respect thereof.
43. Neither 98FM or its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury, damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of winning a prize.
44. 98FM’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
45. 98FM reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
46. 98FM are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
47. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by 98FM or its associated companies.
48. Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
49. If due to circumstances beyond its control a prize becomes unavailable 98FM reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
50. 98FM accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
51. 98FM reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
52. You agree to undertake as requested by 98FM all interviews, Competitions and other activities and to the reproduction publication exhibition transmission and broadcast by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of 98FM in perpetuity. Winners must as a condition of the prize participate in all required publicity
53. You grant all the consents, if any, which the company may require under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 in relation to you participation and use of your image and under the laws of any other jurisdiction throughout the world. This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by 98FM of the audio recording or image submitted will not infringe any third party rights and shall indemnify 98FM for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
54. The winner and if there is a prize for two, then also their companion may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
55. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Entries By Mobile Phone and online
57. Entrants are required to follow instructions on websites as indicated in the interaction information. Internet Service Provider fees may apply.
58. Texts cost may vary from competition and please be aware that short codes may change from competition to competition and in some instances may require two text messages.
59. You may need to check with your service provider for details of phone network compatibility.
60. You will pay any text messaging charges via your service provider.
61. Please take care to follow the exact on-air or online Competition instruction as we cannot guarantee Competition entry for misspelt entries.
62. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and a phone number.
63. Entries not submitted in accordance with rules will be disqualified.
64. If you are viewing or listening via an IP enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet, please remember that the stream may be slower than on a television. If a competition requires you to enter by a deadline dependent on an item in the broadcast no entries from a replay may be accepted.
65. 98FM will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, in audible, incomprehensible.
66. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
Entries to competition phone lines
67. Phone entrants are required to call the phone number in the competition information and follow the instructions in the recorded phone message.
68. Entrants will be required to leave an answer to the relevant question, their full name, address and a daytime contact telephone number. The charge per call will be as indicated in the Competition Information.
69. Calls made from mobile phones and phone lines may vary.
70. Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected the cost of entry will be incurred together with any charge from the network that operates your phone.
Entries with a submitted contribution
71. Where entrants are required to submit a contribution ( which may include but is not limited to photographs, video, Facetime/Skype audio, live-media images, drawings, entrants must agree to 98FM’s online terms. Entrants are required to submit copies rather than original material.
72. By submitting your contribution you are deemed to be consenting to allowing 98FM’s use of your material in compliance with Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000.