Justin Brings his Purpose World Tour to the RDS Arena tonight. The singer seems to be enjoying his time in the city. Yesterday, he was spotted having a meal in Maynooth before heading to Bushy Park in Terenure for a game of basketball.
There'll be extra security checks in place this evening. Ahead of the show, Aiken has released the following information:
- No queuing is allowed before gates open.
- The RDS is a residential area and all patrons attending the concert are asked to respect the privacy and interests of the local community. No early queuing on the streets will be allowed in the vicinity of The RDS. Early arrivals will be turned away.
- Patrons are encouraged to arrive at 5pm when gates open.
- Under 14’s are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied.
- All under 16’s attending the concert MUST be accompanied, at all times, by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Responsible Adults must remain with under 16’s and take full responsibility at all times for them throughout the event.
- Aiken reserve the right to refuse admission without refund to anyone who fails to comply.
- Obey the stewards and Gardaí and any instructions given over the public-address system, for your own safety.
- This event is not a suitable environment for babies or small children. There are no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children. Everyone attending the event must have a concert ticket. High noise levels can damage a child’s hearing.
- There will be a wide range of food and beverages available to buy within the stadium. Please note: Alcohol will only be available for adults ages 18 and over, you will be required to provide photo ID as proof of age.
- There are strictly no re-admissions to the concert.
- Smoking is prohibited, except at designated open areas within the grounds.
- Walk slowly to the exits at the end of the concert.
- Doors – 5pm
- John Gibbons – 5.45pm
- Halsey – 7pm
- JUSTIN BIEBER – 8.15PM – 10.15PM
Plan your journey to and from The RDS based on the following;
- You are strongly advised to use public transport as traffic delays are inevitable and parking limited.
- The RDS is well served by public transport. Dublin Bus and The Dart will bring you within a few minutes walk of The RDS. Details are available on www.dublinbus.ie and www.irishrail.ie
- Use city centre car parks; details can be found on “Parking and Taxis section” of www.dublintown.ie/get-around
- Call AA Road Watch on 1550 222 211 (AA Road Watch premium rates apply)
- Parents or others wishing to pick up concert goers at the end of the show will not be permitted to gather at exit gates. The roads around The RDS will be closed to traffic. Two pickup points will be available at Herbert Park and Simmonscourt car park (Shrewsbury Road entrance).
- An Garda Síochána have devised a traffic management plan for the Justin Bieber concert. For full details please check www.garda.ie
- Box office, credit card collections and guest list is available from the official Ticketmaster outlet at THE RDS MAIN HALL, Merrion Road.
- There will be customer care points at the RDS Main Hall, Merrion Road and the entrance to the Simmonscourt complex.
- There will be also be a customer care/meeting point at the Clock Tower, RDS Paddock Area.
- If you have any queries in advance of the concert you should contact Ticketmaster or Aiken Promotions (www.aikenpromotions.com).
- There will be TAG-A-KID safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue.
- Parents/guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have a space for parents/guardians to write a contact number and seat number. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent/guardian should your child become separated from you within The RDS.
Getting to your seat/standing area:
- Follow the directions on your ticket and follow the directional signs to bring you to the appropriate gate for your seat/standing area.
- Access routes are colour coded, please check your ticket for correct route. The 3 main routes are Red & Green - Simmonscourt Road, Yellow & Purple - Merrion Road and Blue - Anglesea Road.
Due to heightened security throughout Europe, there will be additional, strict checks in place. Fans are urged to arrive in good time for the show as these additional measures may slow entry.
- No backpacks, large bags or any large objects.
- Only bags of A4 size (210x297mm) will be admitted after searching.
- You will be subject to a “pat down” and a “wand” metal detector check.
- Check ticket for correct approach route before leaving home.
- You will be asked to show your tickets before joining queues.
- Patrons are advised to keep their ticket in a safe place on their approach to the venue.
- Alcohol, banners or flags larger than A4, cameras with more than 1” lens, fireworks, flashlights, food, garden furniture or seats, glass or cans, glowsticks, inflatable balls or balloons, laser pointers, selfie sticks, shooting sticks, studs & spikes, umbrellas, video cameras & audio devices & weapons.
- There's a hot weather warning in place today. Temperatures are expected to reach 28 degrees in Dublin. Met Eireann says the warning is also in place for Carlow, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath from 12 o'clock this afternoon until six in the evening. Crowds heading to Justin Bieber's outdoor show are being reminded to wear sunscreen.