Gardai are putting extra security measures in place ahead of the Dublin Pride parade this weekend. A number of popular venues, including Pantibar, have been contacted and asked to tell customers not to bring any large bags or rucksacks.
Following recent attacks in England and across Europe, authorities are keen to make sure massive crowds, expected to be in the tens of thousands, are kept safe during Saturday's colourful spectacle.
This year, the parade will take a different route to work around the Luas Cross City works. It will start with speeches at St. Stephen’s Green South from 12pm, before leaving at 2pm and heading for the Pride Party in Smithfield Square where there will be a "huge amount" of entertainment with music, drag acts and speeches.
You can find a full list of events that are taking place across the weekend here.
Organisers of Dublin Pride say the measures are being taken for "the safety and enjoyment of all", but explain that exceptions will be made for people with medical conditions and children.
Anyone carrying a bag bigger than A4 size will have it "thoroughly searched", and backpacks will not be allowed into St. Stephens Green South and Smithfield Square, where crowds will gather at the start and end of the parade.
Last year, 49 people were killed and 53 injured when a gunman opened fire in Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Flordia, in what was described as "the deadliest incident of violence against LGBT people in U.S. history".
Dublin's Armed Support Unit, which was set up in the wake of the Hutch/Kinahan feud but will also be called on in the case of a terrorist attack, will grow in size by a third ahead of Saturday's parade. From Thursday, 20 more offficers will join the elite squad.
The Garda Commissioner, Noirin O'Sullivan, said "There will be more visible, overt armed patrols", but that "people shouldn’t be afraid of that. That is actually to make sure the public are safe".
Earlier this month, senior gardai said they were confident they would be able to respond to a terror attack in Dublin within 8 minutes. They looked at in on paper across a weekend, following the Manchester and London attacks.
Assistant Commissioner John Twomey said "We did a paper exercise to see what our response capacity would have been at the same time to the incident in London."
"We are happy that we would have had nine armed units in the vicinity of Dublin City Centre and we are happy our response would have been of a similar time to that in the UK", he said.
The threat of a terror attack in Dublin remains Moderate, which the government explains means "possible but not likely".
However, leading security expert Tom Clonan believes that an attack in Dublin is a "distinct possibility" and warned that, despite assurances from officials, hospitals would not be able to cope.