A three day work week is just one of the things Dubliners want by 2050.
They're also looking for an underground metro, a golf course in the Phoenix Park and a heated outdoor swimming pool in Grand Canal Dock.
The Great Dublin Survey is asking questions about the city's culture, technology, living, transport, society, environment.
They also have an open platform for suggestions. Here's some of the more wacky ones:
- Phoenix Park made into a golf course
- A 3-day working week
- Water taxis/boats used to commute down the Liffey
- High rise buildings along the coast
- Ban fast-food outlets from O’Connell Street
- Cars banned within the canals
- Grand Canal Dock to be made into a heated outdoor public swimming pool
- A cable car will run between Dundrum and the Wicklow Mountains,
- City centre streets will have interactive art installations
- Create a second Bull Island in Dublin Bay
- ‘Hold Me Now’ by Johnny Logan will be Ireland’s National Anthem
The Dublin Chamber of Commerce said so far, most Dubliners want better transport, underground rail, an end to homelessness, a properly functioning housing market and a more family friendly city centre.
Their online survey can be found at www.greatdublinsurvey.ie.