A chemical used to put animals to sleep has been stolen in Enniskerry. Gardai say a 10D black Landrover Discovery stolen last Friday had four glass bottles inside containing a very poisonous substance called Dolethal pentobarbital.
The substance, which is red in colour and was in four 100ml glass bottles, is highly poisonous and is not intended for human consumption.
Gardaí and the Health Products Regulatory Authority are very anxious that this item is recovered and are appealing for anyone who may have any information to come forward.
In anyone knows where the poison is, they are being asked to contact the Gardai in Bray on 01 6665800, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.
If anyone has consumed this product, they should seek immediate medical assistance. They are also advised to contact the National Poisons Information Centre at Beaumont Hospital on 01 837 9966.