The big weekend is finally here. 98FM's Big Slide Festival with Dublin City Council splashes on to Winetavern Street this Saturday and Sunday, July 15th and 16th.
Our inflatable 260ft water slide will run from the arch of the Cathedral down to the base of the hill, giving listeners a chance to travel through Christchurch like never before!
There will also be a free fun zone at the festival which is open to the public all weekend.
Check out some of last year's highlights:
Here's some important information:
- Saturday: 12pm-6pm
- Sunday: 12.30pm-6:30pm
Winners will have an allocated time slot printed on their wristband for the Big Slide. You must slide at this time. They are not permitted to be used during other time slots.
The free festival area is open to the public all day.
Wristbands for our 260ft water slide are now GONE. Attending the free festival area does not entitle you to go on the Big Slide, unless you have already won wristbands and abide by the terms & conditions.
98FM's Big Slide Festival is located on Winetavern Street next to Christchurch Cathedral. This central location is just a 15 minute walk from O'Connell Bridge and is close to all transport links.
98FM’s Big Slide Festival is served by many bus routes from across Dublin city & county. Check your local route on www.dublinbus.ie and see below for the best stop to access the event.
13, 40, 123, 747
High Street, Christchurch
27, 49, 54a, 56a, 77a, 150, 151
Lord Edward Street
25/a/b, 26, 37, 39/a, 66/a/b, 67, 69, 70, 79/a, 83/a, 145
Inns Quay/Merchants Quay
9, 14, 15/a/b, 16, 65/b, 68, 122, 140
South Great George’s Street (8 minute walk to Christchurch
98FM’s Big Slide Festival is a 5 minute walk from the Luas Red Line. Take a tram to Four Courts and follow the signs.
If using the Green Luas line, it’s a 15 minute walk from St. Stephen’s Green.
Check www.luas.ie for more details
From Heuston Station, take the Luas Red Line to Four Courts or use bus routes 25/a/b, 79/a, or 145 to Inns Quay
From Connolly Station take the Luas Red Line to Four Courts or use bus route 151 to Christchurch.
See http://www.irishrail.ie/ for more details.
The closest Dublin Bike stations are opposite Christchurch Cathedral (Station 6) or on Greek Street (Station 4) beside the Luas Four Courts stop.
More details on http://www.dublinbikes.ie/
Use Leap card to avail of great savings on public transport across the city.
FREE FESTIVAL ZONE
Our free fun zone which will include performances from Hit Machine Drummers, stilt walkers, jugglers, a circus skills workshop, a dunk tank with Jump Juice, a free fitness class with Ger Conroy and an outdoor screening of The LEGO Batman Movie.
There'll also be face painting, giant games and Dublin’s Best Music Mix!
Check out the full timetable below and spread the word!
Fitzers Catering will have a food market at the event with outlets serving burritos, burgers, crepes and more.
Meanwhile, Arctic Stone are providing a bespoke 98FM red-rolled ice-cream on the day.
WHAT TO WEAR
Sensible clothing for water activities must be worn – no jeans or clothing with metal buckles will be permitted as they may damage the slide. Check out more information here.
There is nowhere to store personal belongings. We advise you leave personal belongings with a friend while you ride the slide. We accept no responsibility for personal items lost, stolen or damaged on the day.
There will be changing facilities on site. Don’t forget to pack a towel, you will get wet!
Rules & Guidelines for Participation:
1. All participants must be at least 7 years old and over 44 inches (3’8″). If you’re under 18 you’ll need to get a sign off from your legal guardians.
2. Obey instructions of lifeguards and other event staff at all times. Failure to follow the reasonable instructions of any event staff may result in refusal of entry.
3. No running, standing, kneeling, tumbling, or stopping on the Slide
4. Keep all parts of the body within the Slide
5. Any person that appears to be intoxicated may be refused admission at the discretion of 98FM, event staff or an Garda Siochana.
6. Leave the Slide promptly after coming to a stop at the bottom
7. Exit at the bottom of the Slide (but before control basin) unless otherwise directed
8. Profanity and unruly behaviour are offensive to other guests and may be cause for refusal of admission on the slide.
9. When queuing up, guests are not permitted to save places for others, bypass others or re-enter after exiting the line.
10. No eating or drinking on the Slide
11. Sharp objects, spray paint/aerosol cans, glass bottles and explosives are prohibited on the Slide
12. No animals on the slide
13. No smoking within the slide zone.
14. Sliding while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited
15. No nudity or inappropriate clothing
16. Due to the physical nature of the slide it is advisable that anyone with an injury or suffering with ill health such as the following; heart conditions, epilepsy, dizziness, migraines, neck or back injury, undergoing medical treatment or have had an operation in the last 12 months, asthma, neurological conditions, diabetes, false limbs and glass eyes, does not participate in the slide event. If you are in doubt it is advisable to seek your own medical advice before the event. You will be asked to sign a waiver but should seek your own medical advice beforehand if you have any medical condition/illness/disability. It is advisable that pregnant women do not participate.
17. Wristbands are STRICTLY assigned ONE PER PERSON. Wristbands are non-transferable unless a new waiver is signed. Wristbands cannot be sold on or exchanged for profit in any way.
• 98FM, and associated event companies, reserves the right to refuse admission on the slide at its discretion
HEALTH & SAFETY
All participants must follow the instructions from any staff member during the event in the interest of safety.
There will be a health and safety officer on site along with 2 paramedics at all times, should medical assistance be required.
Have something you're unsure about? Check out some FAQs here. Or tweet us, we're @98FM.
Saturday will be warm and mainly dry. It'll be mostly cloudy but a few bright spells will develop in the afternoon with highs of 20-24 degrees. Met Eireann says there will be some patches of light rain and drizzle - becoming more persistant in the evening.
Mostly dry and bright. Sunny spells in all areas, but some build up in cloud at times too. Top temperatures 17 to 21 C
Wristbands can only be won by listening to 98FM or on our social channels. If you do not have a wristband or haven't signed a waiver, you can't go on the slide.
For queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook.
Have a great weekend!