Taste of Dublin opens at the Iveagh Gardens today with a stellar line up of 30 world class chefs.
Over 35,000 visitors are expected at the food and beverage festival this weekend, with temperatures set to soar.
Chefs including Clodagh McKenna, Daniel Clifford, Darina Allen, Jean Christophe Novelli, Kevin Dundon, Nevin Maguire, MasterChef Ireland’s Robin Gill, Ross Lewis are all set to appear.
The theme for the event this year is ‘Flavours of the World’, reflecting the international influence on Irish cooking.
Some of the restaurants who will be providing food and drink include Deane’s EIPIC, Greene’s Restaurant, Pickle, San Lorenzo’s, King Citric, Jaipur, Matt the Thresher, Ely, Saba, Ember, The Old Spot, Ely, The Exchequer, China Sichuan, The Wild Goose Grill, The Port House, Suesey Street.
Here are some fun facts about the festival:
- 10 billion champagne bubbles will be consumed.
- The 150,000 plates to be used would reach all the way from Grafton Street to Dalkey if put side by side.
- The 200,000 napkins provided would cover the 26 mile Dublin City Marathon route - twice.
- Trackway flooring at this year’s event would be enough to go all the way around St. Stephen’s Green.
- There will be 170,000 pieces of disposable cutlery - 84,000 forks, 45,000 knives & 40,000 spoons.
Tickets are still available on the Taste of Dublin website tasteofdublin.ie or can be purchased at the Iveagh Garden entrance to the event, subject to availability.