Looking to make the most of your annual leave this year? You'll be able to hugely increase your days off work in 2018 by using a simple hack: strategically planning your days off.
Take a look at the full list of Irish Bank Holidays this year:
- Monday 1 January - New Year's Day
- Monday 19 March - St Patrick's Day Bank Holiday
- Friday 30 March - Good Friday (not a public holiday)
- Monday - 2 April - Easter Monday
- Monday 7 May - May Bank Holiday
- Monday 4 June - June Bank Holiday
- Monday 6 August - August Bank Holiday
- Monday 29 October - October Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Wednesday 26 December - St Stephen's Day
So, when you should take your annual leave in 2018 to get the most days off work?
Well, thanks to Easter falling early this year, you'll be able to get 17 days off work in a row...and you'll only use 8 days of annual leave (if you are one of the lucky people who doesn't have to work on Good Friday).
You will have to work your final pre-holiday day on Friday March 16th. You'll then begin your 17 days off work (including weekends) on Saturday March 17th and won't have to return to work until Tuesday April 3rd. This is thanks to St Patrick's Day, Good Friday and Easter Monday all falling in between.
Roll on March! You're welcome :)