With temperatures set to reach the high twenties this week, The DSPCA has issued advice to pet owners reminding them to look after their animals during the heatwave.
The animal welfare charity is warning people to never leave an animal in the car during warm weather and to watch out for signs of heatstroke.
See the full list below:
- Ensure all pets have plenty of water and a shaded area.
- Keep walks and exercise to a morning / evening routine.
- Be aware of the signs of heat stroke.
- Never ever leave an animal in a car during warm weather.
- Always have your vets number in case of an emergency.
- Remember if you own equine of any other field dwelling animals please check on them regularly to keep the water fresh and full.
- Put a "shallow" bowl of water for birds and other wildlife but nothing deep as they could fall in and drown.