Looking for a new podcast to binge on? Headstuff Podcast Network has released its first fictional podcast series with QueerMoon Productions.
Written and Directed by Brid Ni Chomain and Ella Maria Carmen and produced, mixed and edited by Taz Kelleher, Prospect 57 investigates an attack on an LGBT bartender during Dublin Pride.
The full synopsis states:
"In anticipation of the Pride Parade, James and his friends marvel at the colourful atmosphere and enjoy of one Dublin’s biggest parties. After a sun-soaked day amongst queens, flags and celebrations the night sets in and the party continues. Early on the morning of July 1st, James, a gay bartender, is found viciously bruised and beaten. The world sees the attack as a hate crime; but Nic, a wannabe journalist and friend of James knows better. Nic sets out to discover all she can about her work place and the colleagues she once trusted. Step into Prospect 57; a bar like any other in Dublin with a dark, disturbing underbelly that wishes to keep its secrets hidden."
You can listen to a 2 minute trailer here.
Prospect 57 features a the below cast of actors:
- Nic - the wannabe journalist, narrator and investigator played by Ella Maria Carmen.
- Gary and Ellen Tyrell - A harrowing married couple and owners of Prospect 57, played by Conor Miley and Fiona Coughlan.
- Monica - the young manager of the bar, striving to keep her world together for her family, played by Brid Ni Chomain
- James - the young gay man who is attacked as pride celebrations engulf the city, played by Adam O’Brien.
- Aaron - the loveable bartender, best friend to Nic and brother of James, played by Conn Cowman.
- Jess and Niamh - Part Time floor staff, played by Clodagh Phelan and Caitriona Williams
- Vanya - The bodyguard played by Conn Cowman.
All 6 episodes of Prospect 57 are available now via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Deezer, PodAddict, Castbox and at www.headstuff.org/prospect-57.