The big day is finally here! Kodaline play their sold out gig at Malahide Castle this evening. If you're headinga long, here's some handy info...
- Gates: 5pm
- The Scratch - 5.30pm
- Stephanie Rainey - 6.15pm
- All Tvvins - 7.15pm
- Kodaline: 8.30pm
According to Met Eireann, today will be warm and mostly dry with hazy sunshine. There is a slight risk of the odd shower breaking out. Top temperatures of 19 to 23 C. Tonight will be dry, with clear spells. A few patches of mist or shallow fog locally also. Lowest temperatures 10 or 11 Celsius.
- Pedestrians will only be able to enter the grounds via Hogans Gate (near DART Station)
- People are strongly advised to use public transport
- You are also being urged to plan and book your return travel arrangements
- Allow plenty of time to get to and from the venue
- The closest Dart stop to the venue is Malahide Train Station. City centre Dart locations include Grand Canal Dock, Pearse, Tara Street and Connolly Stations. The concert entrance is approx. a 10 minute walk from Malahide Train Station. You can find more information including times here.
Darts will be running at the below times after the event - subject to change:
To Dublin City Centre:
City Centre Concert Bus
There will be a direct bus service to George’s Quay following each event from the Dublin Road. Look out for signs on the concert ground. You'll be able to buy tickets for €10 after the concert.
Coaches, Private Buses & Minibuses
There will be coach/bus and minibus parking available within the grounds of Malahide Castle, access is via Back Road. You have to notify and register with MCD in advance.
Car parking at the venue is limited. Car parks will open 1 hour before the gate opening time on your ticket. You'll only be able to bring your car through the back road entrance. See the following recommended routes:
- Via M50 – From Dublin City Centre, West and South of Ireland
- Via M1 – From the North of Ireland
Unfortunately this gig is now totally sold out. People are being warned about buying tickets from unofficial sources.
Credit Card collections will be in the grounds of Malahide Castle.
Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed in to the Malahide Castle Concerts, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event.
Bags will be searched on entry to the event. There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas or they'll be removed and disposed of accordingly. You'll also be searched at the entrance to the event.
You won't be allowed to queue early - If you turn up early, you'll be turned away. There is also no re-admission to these concerts.
- Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event.
- Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs, herbal highs or NoS
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment, Go Pro’s.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL or DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and softdrinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian over 18.
Bring photo ID (Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving Licence) - because you may be asked for proof of age.
The bars at the venue will operate a Challenge 21 policy.
VISA will be providing contactless card payment facilities at the onsite bars, meaning you can pay for anything up to €30 in less than a second!
Disabled customer parking is available in a designated area of the car parks, which is accessed via Back Road. You'll need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for other non-ticket related access queries.
Enjoy the gig!