A second homeless person has died in Dublin this week. The man who is a Lithuanian national had been sleeping rough at the Four Courts and was found unresponsive at about 8 pm on Monday.
It follows the death of a homeless man in Ranelagh yesterday. The man in his late fifties was found unresponsive in a tent in Ranelagh yesterday afternoon and taken to St Vincent's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Pressure is mounting on Housing Minster Eoghan Murphy after the death happened in the heart of his own constituency.
Homeless charity, The Peter McVerry Trust says it's "deeply saddened by the death of two men sleeping rough in Dublin in the past couple of days."
The CEO of Inner City Helping Homeless, Anthony Flynn says they've been warning for weeks that December 18th is too late for the start of the Government's cold-winter initiative.
"Homelessness has been downplayed while there's been too much attention on a general election. Homeless services are in turmoil at the moment. We have been warning for months about the numbers of rough sleepers."