Black Friday is here! The American tradition has caught on here in a big way, with over a third of Irish adults planning to make a Black Friday purchase this year.
It’s turned into a weekend long affair in Europe though because of ‘Cyber Monday’ – the busiest day for online shopping because people are placing orders in time to be delivered for Christmas.
We’ve compiled the discount codes for some of your favourite department stores but here are a few words of warning:
- Check the small print.
- Look for the padlock symbol beside the search bar when paying online.
- Don’t forget to check the shipping charges and delivery dates.
- Always check that the web address starts with https. It it doesn't have an s, it isn't a secure site.
- The products discounted over Black Friday and Cyber Monday may not actually be cheaper than they were a month ago. That said, the odds are they won’t be any cheaper this side of Christmas.
- If you purchase anything from, say a US or Chinese web site, you could be hit with a bill from Revenue when it’s delivered. Take special care if you’re ordering from non EU sellers on Amazon, eBay, Etsy or other such sites.
Instead of having a Black Friday Sale, Arnotts is having a Christmas Mega Event - with 20% off almost everything across all departments in-store and online until Monday.
Christmas has also come early to Brown Thomas. The store isn't celebrating Black Friday but they're offering up to 20% off almost everything in-store and online until Monday November 27th.
Up to 30% off
House Of Fraser
Up to 40% off
Up to 30% off selected fashion and footwear. All deals end at 9am on November 28th.
If you think we missed a deal, or you have spotted a bargain, let us know here.