Gardai are meeting with the organisers of summer events about security in the wake of the Manchester attack.
The government has been briefed on what officials are doing to prepare for any potential terror threat.
Security chiefs and state agencies met this morning to discuss how Ireland would cope.
The Taoiseach, Táiniste and senior government ministers were told emergency groups like the National Co-ordination Centre are all liasing with one another and that regular scenario exercises are being held.
Security bosses are in contact with their UK counterparts and the Gardai are in touch with summer events to make sure the right precautions are taken.
However leading security expert Tom Clonan is warning that although there's no information to suggest an attack is imminent, since the Swedish lorry atrocity last month he believes an attack in Dublin is a 'distinct possibility.'
He is also highlighting how stretched our emergency services currently are, and how they could be expected to deal with a mass casualty event.
"If an attack like (Manchester) happened in Dublin, I'm sorry to say that even with the best will in the world, they are not trained... our doctors don't go out of hospitals to treat people at the scene of an accident, and we would have a much higher death rate than you would in any other European capital."
It comes as British police question eight people after a series of raids over Monday's bombing, which killed 22 people and injured 64 others.
It follows two arrests this morning in what police are describing as a fast moving investigation - a woman arrested as part of the inquiries has been released without charge.
It's understood all victims have now been identified - while medics say 20 of the 64 people who were injured after the Ariana Grande concert are in a critical condition.
In the Dail yesterday Enda Kenny admitted that Ireland can't continue assuming "everything is calm and rosy", and said that he has "looked at this, and I have called a meeting for all the agencies... Defence, Justice, Transport, Health... for seven thirty in the morning, to look at our situation here".
His announcement came as armed police and security forces raided an apartment in Manchester city centre yesterday as investigations into Monday's suicide attack continue.
Three men were arrested in south Manchester in connection with Monday's bombing, while a fourth was arrested in Wigan.
Police say they know the identities of all those who lost their lives in the attack.
The UK terror threat level has been raised from severe to critical, it's highest level. Theresa May said that she believed that another attack may be "imminent".
She said "The change in the threat level means that there will be additional resources and support made available to the police as they work to keep us all safe. The police have asked for authorisation to deploy a number of military personnel is support of their armed officers."
The decision was made amid fears 22 year old suicide bomber Salman Abedi may not have worked alone.
He was born in Manchester to Libyan parents who moved to the UK as refugees. He had returned from Libya just days ago.
Meanwhile police have contacted all of the relatives of the victims of the atrocity, the first of whom was 18-year-old Georgina Callander.
The attacker detonated a device as thousands of fans were leaving the Manchester Arena.
Thousands gathered in Manchester on Monday night for a vigil in memory of the victims, their families and friends.
Tony Walsh, a poet better known as Longfella, read this poem 'This Is The Place' to the crowd gathered.
Witnesses reported one loud bang and scenes of chaos as people tried to get out. There was initially 240 calls and emergency services responded quickly to the scene. The injured are being treated at 8 hospitals across Greater Manchester.
One man's told the BBC it looked "something out of a war film. When I get up and look round, there's just bodies everywhere. I reckon 20-30 bodies. I can't say if some of them were dead but they looked dead."
Ariana Grande's manager Scooter Braun said: "our hearts are broken", adding: "We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act".
Ariana Grande has also tweeted to express her shock and upset
It's been confirmed that her London concerts have been postponed due to the tragedy.
Here at home a book of condolence is open at the Mansion House.
In a security update ahead of Slane this weekend, Gardai and concert promoters MCD say they have extensive safety arrangements in place.
More than 400 Gardai and 1200 security and stewards will be on duty when Guns n Roses take to the stage on Saturday.